Sims FreePlay Hobby Events Guide and FAQ
Hobby Events are special limited-time events which give you the opportunity to earn exclusive prizes that are different to those obtained through the hobby normally. These prizes are earned by completing hobby "collections" which consist of a 4 rows of 3 collectables.
Karate and Ballet hobbies are not included in hobby events. Click here for the Hobbies Guide.
FAQ: Frequently asked questions
I completed a collection but didn't receive a reward?
In order to obtain a reward, you need to ensure that you have completed the collection entirely - this includes (4x3 rows of collectables/items) to obtain one hairstyle. For more information, read "Earning Prizes" below.
Why is earning prizes so hard?
Some collectables/items require a Sim in Level 6 of that Hobby to obtain, so you may have to keep performing the hobby with a Sim to reach this level and obtain that collectable. Other collectables are rare, and collecting items is completed randomised - keep trying!
How are hobby events different to normal hobbies?
Hobby events have a limited time to complete them and include special bonus prizes that can only be achieved through the event. Normal hobby collections, however, have the same prizes through out the game. You can take your time with these.
I can't start the hobby event, what do I do?
In most cases to start a hobby event you will need to be at least Level 7 and have downloaded the Additional Downloadable Content.
What types of hobby events are there?
- Update specific hobbies
- Occur randomly each update
- They are not always tied to a specific hobby. In this case, you won't be able to practice the hobby after the event is over
- For example, the Chocolatier or Long Hair hobby events
- Quest activated hobbies
- For example, the Spell Casting hobby event begins after completing The Book of Spells quest
Like normal hobbies, prizes are earned in hobby events by completing collections and by performing the hobby. The prizes for hobby events are different to normal hobby prizes. The amount of collections (and therefore prizes) varies, but often includes around 12 collectable items. Completion of each set (including all items/collectables in the 4 rows of 3) will award a special prize.
Each time you complete a row (3 collectables) you will also receive a small reward such as Lifestyle Points (LP) or experience (XP). Practicing the hobby awards randomised collectibles.
Starting a Hobby Event
- If you receive a notification in game to start the event, tap "Yes"
- If you click "No" and change your mind, tap on your "Active Task List" then tap on the hobby event to start it again
- Purchase a special hobby specific item from the Promotions'R'Us store to practice the hobby at a Sim's home
- Some hobby items are restricted to only a few items per town
Warning: Starting a hobby event will reset your progress in that hobby collection
so you can work towards the special new prizes.
Hobby Collections: Overview
- Remember: Gaining collectibles is randomised and takes time. Keep trying!
- Some collectibles can only be obtained with Sims who have level 5+ in that hobby
- Only one hobby can be assigned to a Sim at a time
- Some collectibles are rare and you'll need to perform the action a few times to obtain them
- Try setting up more than one hobby collector in the same house so you can refer back to the
- Hobby items can only be place inside a house