Sims FreePlay Simtown Market (Professions) Guide
This article will show you how to use the Simtown Market and outline the main aspects of this feature so you can be on your way to receiving rewards!
FAQ - Frequently asked questions
How do I start the Simtown market event?
There is no way of predicting when an event will begin in an update. When an event is available however; the Market icon will be coloured and not greyed out. You will also receive a notification in your game!
See the images below - the coloured icon shows that an event is ready, whereas the greyed out icon indicates that there is no event available.
Why do I need to use Social Points (SP) to complete an order?
You don’t! Ensure you have the required resources or items to complete an order. The top number indicates how many you have, the bottom indicates how many items or resources are required.
When does the courier appear?
The courier appears randomly when your Sims are at work. Sometimes a courier may not appear for a whole shift at all - make sure you say hello when they do!
What type of events are there?
Simtown Market events feature either a Grand Prize from professions or another limited time reward (e.g., a Living Teddy Bear, a Time Extension token, or even a unicorn).
When do the events start?
There are various types of Simtown Market events within each Sims FreepPay update. We can't say when though - it's a surprise!
How do I spend Market Tokens?
Continue to ship Crate Orders until you receive a crate which requires a Market Token to be used to complete the order. Market Token crates are not common, so you may have to ship quite a few orders before you get one.
What is the Simtown Market?
The Simtown Market is an opportunity for you to spend your extra resources and currency to work towards Professions and other types of rewards. Prizes are earned by collecting market points. As your gather market points and progress through the event, you unlock a new prize at each milestone.
Completing Order Crates will give you market points. To complete or “Ship” an order you need to have the required Resources - these can include professions Resources, Simoleons or a Market Token.
A courier may spawn when your Sim is at work. Fulfil all of the Courier’s requests to gain Market Tokens - these are very valuable and will give you tons of Market Points! Couriers will only stay around shortly, so make sure you complete all their requests within the time limit to receive a Market Token.
How to use the Simtown Market
View the Market
If an event is active, the icon above the noticeboard in any Professions workplace will be coloured. Tap it to begin. Next, select an Order Crate to see the items required to ship an order.
Complete an order
When you have the required resources, tap “Ship Order”. Remember that the top number is the amount of resources you currently have, the bottom number is the amount required. Your progression bar will then increase with points when you complete an order!
Gaining points with Market Upgrade scores
- Upgrading Workstations in professions increases the bonus of points you receive each order.
- The market points shown below the box in the order slots are the total points you will receive for this order
- Tap on the box (so that it is selected with the white outline) to show the requirements for the order
- The market points shown here on the right above "Ship Order" are the additional bonus that will be received once the order is complete
- This bonus is included within the grand total (shown below the box in the order slot).
Help a courier
If you fulfil all of a courier’s requests within the time limit you will be given a Market Token. Use these in the Market to ship orders and get more points to help you collect prizes!
- Prizes - Prizes vary depending on the type of event. For a Professions based event you can earn a Profession reward (such as a Boom Camera). Other events will include random items like a Living Teddy Bear, Unicorn, Time Extension Token - and much more
- Market points - Collect enough of these for each progression milestone in an event to unlock a new prize. See the image below which underlines the points and progression bar.
- Order Crates - These are the boxes you see when you click on the Simtown Market icon above the noticeboard. Each crate will have an icon on it which indicates the type of resource required to ship the Order (for example Simoleons, Market Token, or Resources)
- Courier - Couriers all have the same uniform and will appear at random - and sometimes not at all - during your Sim’s shift in a Professions workplace
- Market Token - These shiny green and gold tokens provide you with tons of points in the Simtown market to work towards your rewards. You can only store 3 at a time! Tokens are rare and valuable.
- Check your Workplace Upgrade Score in the “Workplace Overview” (top left hand corner of the screen, with the professions icon). Upgrade more workstations to increase the amount of points you earn. The higher the percentage, the better
- You can only store 3 market tokens at one time
- It costs Social Points (SP) to quick complete the courier's requests
- Unlock more order slots with SP to speed up progression and collecting prizes
The Workplace/professions overview interface where you can check your Workplace Upgrade Score.