Sometimes it may be necessary to reinstall the Sims FreePlay to alleviate any issues or troubleshoot a problem. This involves deleting or uninstalling the application and downloading it again. If not done carefully this can result in a loss of progress.
If possible, ensure you have uploaded your game to the Cloud before reinstalling the game. This will minimise if not eliminate any loss of progress. If you are experiencing a crash and cannot open the game at all, this may be your only option.
When you reinstall your game, you can only restore from the last time you uploaded to the Cloud or start a new game.
When handling cloud saves you must be careful as there is a high chance that you could lose your save data if not done correctly.
To upload your save:
- Make sure your game is updated to the latest version 5.25.1 Halloween (or higher)
- Ensure you have an Internet connection (Wifi preferred)
- Open the “...” icon next to the furniture store
- Tap on the cloud button. Tap “upload save”
Note: Even if your game says 'Save data matches current game', you still need to upload to the Cloud before reinstalling.
Once you have uploaded
If you plan on downloading what you uploaded to the Cloud or restoring your save from the Cloud upload, it is important not to play after you have uploaded otherwise you may lose progress due to downloading an older version of your game from the Cloud.
- Do not make use of the Party boat or social features
- Refrain from playing
- Upload only once
- Continue playing as normal was you have reinstalled your game and have tapped "Restore from Cloud"
For more information on cloud saves, please visit SFP Cloud Saves article.
How to Reinstall the Sims FreePlay
- Go to the home screen of your device
- Delete the Sims FreePlay. Alternatively, open your Settings, and underneath the "Apps" or "Applications" section locate "Free Play" or the game. Uninstall the game.
- Restart your device to ensure the changes are made (turn it off and on again)
- Download it again from your Application Store (e.g. Applications for Apple users, Google Play for Android users, and the Amazon store and Windows App stores respectively).
- Tap "Restore from Cloud" after launching the game when the download is complete
Reinstalled and lost progress?
Head over to our article Sims FreePlay: Cloud Save to learn how download a save from the Cloud. Your download will be based on the last save you uploaded (or the last time you visited the Party Boat, when your save is uploaded to the Cloud).
For more information on uninstalling applications: