Sims FreePlay Connection Issues - Troubleshooting Information
Many issues such as being unable to access the store in game, connectivity error messages, Cloud save problems or simply general issues with your connection can be solved using the steps outlined below.
Before attempting any of these steps, please ensure you have uploaded the latest version of your game to the Cloud. For more information on how to do this, visit the SFP Cloud Saves for more information. If you cannot upload your save to the Cloud, please try steps 1 to 3, then try again uploading it again.
It may be worth trying one step at a time and seeing if this fixes your problem before attempting others.
Click on the steps below for more information.
1. Relaunch the game
Exit and then close the game, as well as all other open applications if possible.
2. Find a stronger internet connection
Many connection issues can be fixed by changing networks. If you are using 3G or 4G, try connecting to Wifi. If you are already using Wifi, try visiting a place with a strong Wifi connection such as a public library.
3. Check the account manager
- Near the furniture store icon, click on the “...” menu icon
- Next, click the keyhole to access the Account Manager
- Check if you are you logged into Facebook or Game Centre/Google Play/Xbox Live?
You will need to be logged in to at least one game management account (Game Centre, Google Play or Xbox Live) OR Facebook to access our Cloud services.
4. Logout of the Game Center, Google Play or Xbox Live
Next, close the Sims FreePlay and try logging out of either Google Play, Game Center or Xbox live (whichever is relevant to your device). You will have to do this in your related separate application (for example, Game Center is separate to the Sims FreePlay in an Apple device). Relaunch the game and see if your problem has been fixed.
5. If the above steps fail…
If you need Facebook to give you access to the Cloud, you may need to try disconnecting your account.
- Log in to Facebook on a computer
- Go to this link (your Facebook App Center): http://www.facebook.com/appcenter/my
- Find the name of the game application (Sims FreePlay) in the list and click on the cog (settings) button
- Scroll to the bottom of the settings options and choose "remove app"
This will have disconnected your Facebook account from the game.
- Force close all apps running on your device, including the game
- Turn your device off, then turn it on again after a few seconds
- Open the game again and go to your Account Manager (keyhole icon in the “...” menu)
- Log in to your Facebook account (you will need to approve permissions for the game application again)
This should reconnect your Facebook account to the game again and log it in properly.
Should the above steps not work, please go into your device system settings, and under Applications select Facebook. Then, ensure that The Sims FreePlay is set to on. If it is set to on, select delete account and sign back in inside the game.
For more Troubleshooting help, visit the Troubleshooting guide here.
Click here for Purchases FAQ
Click here for SFP Cloud Saves information