There have been a number of reports reports of instability, crashes and unexpected closing of the game client.
The team is investigating ways to increase the stability and performance of the game. In the meantime, follow this article for more information as we make changes.
Read below for a breakdown of some of the different types of closes and crashes you may be experiencing to determine if the issue is with the game, or with your device itself.
Game closing without error
In most cases players will be experiencing an issue where the game will simply "disappear" without warning, and will not provide an error message at all.
This issue is more common on older devices but can even occur on the latest released devices.
This happens when the device runs out of Memory, or RAM (Random Access Memory). This is not to be confused with actual storage space on the device.
For example, an iPhone 6 will have only 1GB of RAM, (even though you may have 32GB of storage, or even 64GB of storage).
RAM is a volatile, temporary storage for all running applications, this includes the OS itself, and even applications which appear closed completely. So if you have applications such as Facebook, Instagram, or even another game running in the background, these too will be using your RAM.
Can Technical Support help?
Unfortunately we will be unable to help directly with this issue, however we can assure you that the development team are always looking to increase performance, and reduce the overall Memory footprint. Great graphics come at a cost, and there is still plenty of fine tuning to be done before the game is perfectly optimised across all devices.
Here are some tips
In the meantime, here are a few tips to help not only games, but all other applications on your device run a little smoother.
- Close other apps
- Make sure there are no applications running in the background.
- You should perform a force close on any of these apps before you launch the game.
- Restart your device
- Sometimes applications can still stick around using your precious RAM even after a force close. To be sure they are long gone, give your device a fresh start by turning it off, and then on again.
- Uninstall apps
- It might be time for some spring cleaning. Some applications will always run in the background no matter what you do. The only way to stop them is to remove them from your device.
Consider removing applications you haven't launched in a while.
- Re-install the game
- Have you tried reinstalling the game, while this typically does not help with your limited RAM, there is no harm in trying a fresh install. Make sure you backup your save game first.