The Cloud is a system on our servers that you can use to make a back-up of your save data. We recommend backing-up your game data at least once a week (or when you feel you've made significant progress in the game) to ensure that you always have an up-to-date save file that you can restore should you experience a crash, need to re-sync your device or re-install the app.
Please note that this system is separate to Apple's iCloud system as it caters for all platforms and is hosted by the Sims FreePlay development team.
How do I upload my save data?
To upload your save data to the Cloud, enter the options ("...") menu in the Sims FreePlay and then choose the Cloud icon.
You will have an option to upload save data.
If your current save data on the Cloud is up to date with what's on your device, it will let you know in the information window on this screen:
How do I download a save game from the Cloud?
- Ensure that your version of the Sims FreePlay is up to date
- Do not make use of social features (Party Boat) the next time you open the game. Doing so will overwrite the save file that has been uploaded to the Cloud
- Open the Cloud save menu from the games options screen and tap DOWNLOAD SAVE DATA
Warning: Before downloading from the Cloud
Downloading the save data on the Cloud will revert back to the progress you were at when you last uploaded save data to the Cloud. You will always receive a confirmation before Downloading. This includes information on your status and currency. Check this information recent to make sure you get an up to date save.
Downloading a save from Support
- Do not make use of the Party Boat until you have downloaded the save with the fix from us
- Using these features may overwrite the save file placed on the Cloud
- Refrain from playing
- Avoid playing on more than one device, as transferring saves can overwrite the download we have sent to you
- If the save data on the Cloud is too old and you would not like to rollback or lose your progress, please upload again and let us know when you have done so
- Support can provide some compensation to help you catch up on limited time events if you were waiting for awhile to receive a fix on your save.
How do I transfer my save data or game to a new device?
You can transfer or restore your previously backed-up data for the Sims FreePlay if you need to upgrade or switch devices as well. Always make sure that you upload your current save data to the Cloud before changing devices. You can then login to the Cloud menu on your new device using the same Facebook or Game Center/Google Play account that you did to upload it previously and tap "DOWNLOAD SAVE DATA" to transfer the content. Check that your Player ID is the same on the new device to avoid downloading the wrong save.
How long does my save data stay on the Cloud?
Your save data may still be available for up to six months from the time that you uploaded it last. But as mentioned previously, we highly recommend uploading your save data regularly to make sure it's up-to-date!
Tips and Tricks
- Visiting the Party Boat to collect your daily social rewards will also automatically upload your save data to the Cloud for you too, ensuring that your town's changes are kept up to date on the servers, should your friends want to come and visit you!
- You must be logged into either Facebook or Gamecenter/Google Play (depending on your device) to use the Cloud. This will create a player ID which you can use when contacting Support
- Your player ID may change depending on the Accouunts you are logged into
- For example, if you are logged into Facebook but then also log into Game Center, your player ID may change
- Always check the player ID of your new account before downloading from the Cloud