Your Sims will party all night with the latest update, where you can:
• Complete the Party Time Live Event to unlock the ultimate Sim Town Party House!
• Set the scene with a smoke machine, DJ deck, loveseats, and more
• Light up the night with dance floors, disco balls, and smooth dance moves
Plus, keep your teen Sims entertained with the Teen Life and Prom Hobby Events that unlock teen bedroom items and prom outfits.
Having issues with the update?
The following articles may be of use to you.
- Dance Party update unavailable or not working
- Can't place or use Craft Stations or missing craft stations
- Laura Craft is missing
- Do I need to purchase Laura Craft again?
FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions
Why am I missing a Craft Station?
Craft Stations can be found once you've accepted the live event to start it and completed the relevant goals for the event in the Active Task List. Any house which has a crafting station placed should have the Event Icon above the house.
Why do I need to spend Social Points (SP) to get a prize?
You don’t! Ensure you've got the requirements (the top number is the amount of resources you currently have, the bottom number is the amount required) to purchase a prize, otherwise, you'll need to pay in SP.
I unlocked a prize, why don’t I have it?
Prizes are unlocked as you collect more arts and crafts or resources in a Live Event, as well as constructor coins. Once you’ve unlocked a prize, you will still have to purchase it using the arts and crafts you’ve collected in the event by visiting the Event overview and tapping “Purchase” in your Prize Progress.
Events and quests
Additional Downloadable Content (DLC) is needed to play most quests and events.
Discovery Quest: Penthouses
A celebrity is in Simtown! Help her out to unlock access to Penthouses in the Downtown map area. Fore more information see this article.
Party Time Live Event
Length: 8 days
Requirements: Level 7+, DLC downloaded
- Archways (Tutorial prize)
- Disco Ball and lights
- String lights (Strobe and floor)
- L-shaped couch
- Punchbowl fountain
- Smoke machine
- DJ decks
- Small disco dance floor tiles
- Includes new dance animations!
- 1x1 tile has 6 colour variants
- Select one of four dance types for other Sims to "Join in"
- Large disco dance floor tiles
- Have a pair of Sims dance together
- Grand prize
- Party House template
- Complete with Limo (in a variety of colours), photo booth and party decorations
Prepped for Prom Hobby Event (Fashion Designer)
Length: 7 days
Requirements: Level 18+, Multi-Storey Renovations and Teenagers quests complete
Prizes: Teen Prom outfits (suits and dresses)
Luxury Laundry Live Event
Length: 5 days
Requirements: Level 7+
Prizes: Laundry sinks, tiles, laundry equipment, washers
Grand Prize: Laundrette Royale
Strange Things in Simtown Discovery Quest
Strange lights over Simtown, a mysterious toddler with super-Sim powers and...cookies? Intrigue and suspense await in this tale of discovery for Sims brave and bold!
Length: 7 days
Requirements: Level 12+, DLC downloaded, A Quest for Toddlers and Super Toddler Secret Mission complete. You most also have a toddler.
Prize: Boy and girl supervillain toddler outfits.
Limited time prize: Outdoor cinema (a large TV) and 4 bean bags.
Toddlers cannot use the bean bags however they will sit on the ground and watch the cinema.
- The mysterious figure should be in the centre of the Park
- Look for the ducks with the "!" bubble over their heads
- To 'Practice Evil Laugh' tap on Mini Masterforce
- Any Teaset or Dollhouse from the Toddler tab of the home store will work
- The final goal takes about 24 hours, so try to complete the other goals quickly!
A disguised individual has appeared in the park and strange lights have been spotted in the sky! What could this mean!
Teen Life Hobby Event (Teen Idol)
Length: 7 days
Requirements: Level 20+, The Pirate and his Goddess and Road to Fame quests complete and a teenager.
Prizes: Teen furniture (desk, video games, bunkbed), party hair and headphones all for teens.
- Adults can also use the bunk bed prizes
This cool new feature allows you to quickly replicate new objects by purchasing them at the same time! For more information on this function take a quick look at this article.
Activewear now has an Activewear category in the Create a Sim (CAS) menu. With a Sim Selected, tap Browse Clothes on any wardrobe and look for the Activewear tab.
- The Activewear category is also available in the costume and swimwear store
- This category applies individual pieces of activewear clothing
Homestore: New Items tab
Any new items that you unlock or buy now go into a convenient place in the New Items tab in the home-store (not the inventory).
- You can still see your recently unlocked items in their normal categories (e.g. bean bags at the start of Outdoor) but they're also in new items, too
- A small numbered icon will appear when any new objects are unlocked, as normal
- The New Items tab is just a quick way to see new stuff - only a limited number of objects show