Update 5.28: Day Care
This is the ultimate update for all your Toddler and Infants’ dreams: The day care event will help you unlock cool furniture, build mode items and equipment for your Toddler and Infant Sims to enjoy.
Life is full of giggles for Sim Town toddlers, and the good times continue with the latest update!
• Brace yourself for the ultimate play date with the all-new Day Care Live Event
• Design your own Day Care, where you can nurture your babies and toddlers with a Play Kitchen, Reading Island, Change Tables, and more
• Unlock the Toddler Playground, where your little ones can slide, seesaw, and swing to their hearts’ desire
Have some big fun with your little ones, and be sure to LIKE The Sims FreePlay on Facebook for the latest news and offers.
FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to purchase Laura Craft again for the Daycare Event?
You will need to purchase Laura Craft again for each event - she's a busy girl! However, the game team have made changes to Laura which have increased her efficiency and the amount of resources she collects. She's super effective!
Do I need Toddlers to do the Daycare Live Event?
You don’t need Toddlers to start or complete the Daycare Live Event, but if you want to get the most out of these prizes you will need to unlock Toddlers by completing the quest A Quest For Toddlers. You should also complete Two and a Half Sims so that you can use the infant related items.
Why don’t I have Constructor Coins?
If you have started the Daycare Live Event ensure you complete all tasks in the Active Task List until you get to the task that requires the coins. For more information check out this article here.
Why do I need to spend SP to get a prize?
You don’t! You can use Social Points to purchase prizes if you don’t have the arts and crafts (resources, e.g. candles) available to purchase the prize. Ensure you've got the requirements (top number is the amount of resources you currently have, bottom is the amount required) to purchase a prize.
I unlocked the prize, why don’t I have it?
Prizes are unlocked as you collect more arts and crafts or resources in a Live Event, as well as constructor coins. Once you’ve unlocked a prize, you will still have to purchase it using the arts and crafts you’ve collected in the event by visiting the Event overview and tapping “Purchase” in your Prize Progress.
How do I unlock the Toddler Playground in the Daycare Live Event?
You must have unlocked and claimed (purchased) all prizes in the Live Event in order to unlock the toddler playground. Once you’ve unlocked and claimed all other prizes the playground is free! Make sure you tap “Claim” however to get the prize before the event is over. You can then build the Toddler Playground on any empty lot within your town.
Daycare live event
It’s time for your young Sims to shine: Participate in this event for the chance to unlock heaps of cool new furniture, items, objects, and even an entire new house template for your Toddler and Infant Sims to enjoy!
What is a live event?
A live event is not a community event. However, it’s very similar: you participate in the event to gain prizes by collecting arts and crafts or resources and constructor coins. These are collected using stations such as candle making or glass blowing. There is no Personal Progress or Community Progress.
Tips and Tricks
- Some prizes are for Toddlers, some prizes are for Infants: Make sure you have a Sim from the correct age group selected before tapping on an object to use it
- To be able to use the prizes you unlock, you need to have unlocked Toddlers and Infants by completing: A Quest for Toddlers and Two and a Half Sims, respectively
- If you purchased Laura Craft in a previous event, you will have to purchase her again for this one
- Try to have all your arts and crafts stations in the one house: It’s easier and more efficient!
Laura Craft is available to hire (purchase) out the front of any of your Sim’s houses if you’ve started the Daycare Event. After hiring her, Laura will instantly be available with some items for you to collect. Next, tap “Obtain ____ ”. We’ve made some changes to how she works so if you purchase her, she is a lot more efficient!
Note: You will need to unlock the first station before Laura will collect the items. E.g., Pottery will not be available for collection until you have collected enough candle arts and crafts to unlock the Pottery station in your progress.
- Moonlight Siesta
- Some calming night-lights to place on the wall of your home
- Royal with cribs
- Vintage Naptime (1 Pink and 1 black vintage cots/cribs for Infants)
- Vintage Royal Cribs (1 Brown and 1 white regal style cots/cribs for Infants)
- Playtime prodigy
- Little scribbler (A chalk board for toddler Sims to express their artistic skills)
- Master cook (Did someone order a mud pie? A play-time kitchen for your toddlers to enjoy)
- Designer daycare:
- Haughty Highchairs (Green, blue, pink and white highchairs for infant Sims)
- Tidy tots (Shelves, cupboards and lockers to flesh out your very own day care centre with space for all the toys. Infants and Toddlers)
- Little bookworms
- Cozy reader (A big round seat with books in the center for your Toddler Sims to enjoy)
- Creative coloring (A set of large and small art tables for your Toddler Sims to create art on! Have other Toddlers join in too.)
- Dreams and diapers
- Foreverland beds (A pirate ship and magical forest bed for Toddlers)
- Contemporary changer (A set of 3 different colored changing tables for your Infant Sims)
- Grand Prize: Toddler Playground
- Let your Toddler Sims run free with your very own Toddler Playground! Unlock and claim/buy this prize to build your playground in the backyard of any house and make our own Daycare centre.
- The playground is free to claim after unlocking and claiming all other prizes
Some prizes are for Toddlers and some objects are for Infants.
Boutique Hair Event
Perform the Boutique Hair Event with the Fashion Designer hobby. You must be at least level 11, have downloaded all Additional Downloadble Content (DLC) to start this event and must not have completed the event previously. If you've completed the event previously it won't show up. The event goes for 7 days with an extra day as an early start.
Tips and Tricks
- Remember that when starting a new hobby event your previous hobby collection progress will be reset if you choose to start the new event. Each hobby event has different prizes to the normal hobby being performed, so you'll need a fresh hobby collection.
- There are 9 hair styles to win by completing an entire Hobby Collection
- If you previously started this event and did not complete it, you will keep the prizes you won last time
- For more information on Hobby Events check out this article
Starting a hobby event erases the current progress in that hobby collection. Note: this is an example image taken from a previous update, the chocolatier hobby event is not in Day Care.