"Follow" this article to be notified of changes and new information that may help you.
Sims FreePlay Update 5.27 - French Romance
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Where is my Constructor Coin Spin Plant?
If your Constructor Coin Spin Plant appears to be missing in the Tropical Romance Community Event in the Sims FreePlay, or it is not in your inventory or Event Items tab of the home-store, try completing the task in your Active Task List (e.g. "Visit the Tropical Romance Island").
For more information visit this article.
Why do I need to spend SP to get a prize?
You don’t! You can use Social Points to purchase prizes if you don’t have the arts and crafts (Also known as resources, such as candles and jewellery) available to purchase the prize. The top number shown below is the amount you have, the bottom is the amount required.
Will I keep my personal progress in Tropical Romance Island?
Yes! You keep any previously unlocked build-able areas (such as the hammock or beach-side wedding), as well as the Progress Milestone you achieved. For example, if you've done the event before and unlocked the pineapple plant resource, you'll be able to continue to use the pineapple Resource. However, you will not keep the amount of resources you had previously.
What is a Live Event?
A live event is not a community event. However, it’s very similar: you participate in the event to gain prizes by collecting arts and crafts and constructor coins. These are collected using stations such as candle making or glass blowing. There is no Personal Progress or Community Progress.
I unlocked the Community Event prize, why don’t I have it?
Prizes are unlocked as you collect more resources in a Community Event as well as constructor coins. Once you’ve unlocked a prize, you will still have to actually purchase it using the resources you’ve collected in the event.
Known Issues Resolved
Here are the game Issues that the Game Team have fixed or prevented by updating to 5.27, French Romance.
You must have the Additional Downloadable Content downloaded, be at least level 7, and it some cases have built the Promotions'R'Us store (for hobbies) to start these events.
Live Event: French Romance
Bonjour! French Romance is a Live Event - it’s a bit like a Community Event, but without the Community Progress. Instead, have your Sims use stations to make arts and crafts such as candles, jewellery and pottery to unlock cool prizes!
- Mood lighting - Lamps and wall lights for your Sim's homes
- Setting the scene - A selection of interior decor such as doors and wall and floor furnishings
- En Suite - Fancy bedroom furniture and bathroom appliances
- French Cuisine - Furniture for a dining room and a fully equipped kitchen
- Interior Decor - A bookcase, two paintings, a table and couch and some delicious rugs
- Gourmet Expressions - Wine and cheese tasting and your own Crepe cart!
- Love Expressions - Paint me like one of your French Sims, or attach a love lock to a fountain
- Grand Prize - The French Chataeu is an exquisite mansion for your Sims to enjoy, complete with furniture, a vast entrance with a water feature and a romantic green garden. Unlock this to build the house template on any empty house lot! The first template is free.
New prizes unlocked are added to their respective tabs in the home store - for example, the second prize pack is under the "Walls" pack of the home-store.
Laura Craft is available to hire (purchase) out the front of any of your Sim’s houses if you’ve started the French Romance Event. She’ll appear near where the Paper Boy spawns! After hiring her, Laura will instantly be available with some items for you to collect. Next, tap “Obtain ___”. She’ll then spend 9 hours collecting these items for you! Laura is busy, however - she can only collect one type of art and craft at a time. She will leave after the event is over.
Note: You will need to unlock arts and crafts stations before Laura will collect the items. For example, Pottery will not be available for collection until you have collected enough candle arts and crafts to unlock the Pottery station in your progress.
Chocolate Lover's Carnival
Purchase the Chocolatier bench in the Promotions'R'Us store to begin making chocolate. Tap on the bench to perform an action and start collecting hobby items. When a full set of hobby collectables or items is found (12, or four rows of 3) a set of two Carnival costumes is unlocked!
- Starting this Hobby Event will reset any progress in the Chocolatier hobby
- Find these prizes in the outfits section of the wardrobe with your Adult Sims
- Make sure you have a few Level 6 Sims performing the hobby to get the "Rare" collectables
- Chocolate Lover's Carnival hard to complete? Check out: Hobby Events for more help
Tropical Romance Island
It's back! The Tropical Romance Island is a Community Event which can be started by accessing the Event Boat near the bridge to Mystery Island. Collect enough resources to unlock prizes on the Romance Island - such as romantic swing, a beach wedding, or a place to play guitar by the seaside.
Prizes are earned in two ways; through your Personal Progress (collecting resources) and through community progress - everyone participating in the event across the world! Don't worry, community progress is automatic. You don't need to invite your friends in any particular way.
Make sure you place a resource generator (such as a Banana tree) to begin collecting resources (fruits).
- For more information and tips on Community Events, go here: Sims FreePlay Community Events
- Find an open backyard outside a Sim's home and place as many resource generators (fruit trees) as possible. Have your Sims all collect Resources at one to help unlock prizes!
- Check back daily to claim your daily rewards
- Spin for constructor coins whilst you have another Sim cleaning up the Island
- You must have completed some quests to access certain buildables: Such as the Romantic Dinner for two
Changes to ageing Sims
We've been listening - you can now pause the ageing of your Sims for free. When a Sim is ready to age, you can reverse them back to the start of their age group. For example, if you were an Adult ready to become a Senior (age progress bar full), you can reverse the age back to the start of the Adult life stage and set your progress back to 0%. You cannot go to a previous age group for free, however.