Your Sims can form a variety of relationships, from friends to frenemies and back again! Learn how to drive your Sims closer or push them apart.
When you tap on a second Sim, your active Sim will be able to interact with them in a variety of ways. Some interactions build or deepen friendships; some turn a buddy into a budding romance; some transform amicable neighbors into bitter rivals! Here's everything you need to know about the relationship dynamics in your Simtown.
Frequently asked questions
How do I move in with another Sim?
You will need to become Good Friends (friendship relationship) or Partners (romantic relationship). Keep performing positive or romantic interactions until you become Good Friends, then select 'Ask to move in'. For more info see the 'Types of Relationships' below.
What last name will my Sim have when I move in or marry?
Your Sim will always take on the last name of the other Sim they are moving in with unless they move into an empty house where they will keep their own name. The Sim who proposes is always the Sim whose last name will be the same for both Sims.
How do I see what my relationship with another Sim is?
Call the other Sim with the whistle icon in the Simtracker. With one Sim selected simply tap on the other Sim to see a list of possible interactions and the status of the relationship with that Sim!
Why don't some of my Sims have Pink or Red interactions?
Depending on the age group of a Sim you might not be able to interact with them in that way. For example, an Adult to Baby interaction won't allow any Pink (romantic) interactions, but an Adult to Adult will.
Why isn't my relationship bar increasing anymore?
Once you've reached the top relationship for that color, you won't be able to go any further. Congrats, you've done it! You're now either Best Friends (green), Nemesis (red), or Married to (purple/pink) that other Sim.
Interacting with other Sims
The interaction types available for your Sims to perform toward each other are color-coded:
- Green interactions will cultivate friendship between Sims.
- Purple/pink interactions will cultivate a romance between Sims.
- Red interactions will degrade the current relationship and eventually give Sims the option to break up if they are romantically involved.
Types of Relationships
- Strangers - The first stage of your relationship with a Sim is always strangers!
- Acquaintance - It's fairly easy to get to this stage, you might find a lot of acquaintances. You know this Sim fairly well but not you're not friends.
- Friends - Oh, now you're friends! You must have really enjoyed the 'Be Nice' interaction to become friends with this Sim.
- Good friends - Ok, this is getting serious, you can even move in with this Sim now.
- Best friends - You've reached the top! There's no further you can go with this relationship now that your two Sims are so close.
- Budding romance - Ooh lala. You've got your eye on this Sim. From this point on things could get spicy, but it's very early days.
- Date - To get this far you must have been using the 'Be Romantic' option quite a lot! About 6 times to be precise!
- Partners - Ok, things are serious. You can now use the 'WooHoo' option if you choose to learn about the birds and the bees.
- Engaged - Someone popped the question! Congratulations.
- Married - You're stuck with them now!
- Disliked - Err, you don't quite like this Sim, and they dislike you too. Look out - they might use a 'Fake handshake' on you.
- Enemy - Things are serious... this Sim might even give you a rude gesture.
- Nemesis - Woah! You've reached peak hatred and can't go any further. You can slap this Sim if you like.
Partnerships are created by having two Sims (of any gender) form a special bond through various romantic (pink) interactions. This may take some time, but you can go to any level of the relationship that you like - you can even friendzone your partner! At the 'Partners' level you can tap on the partner Sim and Ask to move in.
To break up a couple, have them “Complain” to each other until a “Divorce” or “Break Up” option appears. A screen will then pop up to let you know the new status of the relationship between your Sims.
Forming a marriage
Ensure you've completed the 'Love is in the air' quest available at Level 7 - this will teach you everything you need to know about pairing two Sims in Simly Matrimony. A marriage is formed by performing romantic interactions with another Sim until you reach the 'Partners' stage of the relationship; then all you need to do is tap on the partner Sim and select 'Propose Marriage'. Next, select a ring - it's recommended you pick the Eternity Ring as this is the ring that will be most likely to make the other Sim say 'Yes', saving you from having to purchase a ring again if the other Sim says 'No'.
Now you're engaged! You will need to move in with this Sim by selecting them and tapping 'Ask to move in'. Next, continue performing the 'Be Romantic' option until the 'Get married' option appears when you select the other Sim.
TIP: Once your Sims are engaged and moved in together you can set up a wedding venue! 'Get married' only lasts for 6 seconds so you'll want to be ready to make that moment last.
Moving in with other Sims
To move in with another Sim you'll need to be either Good Friends or Partners. Continue performing positive interactions (green) to become Good Friends or romantic interactions (pink) with another Sim until the option 'Ask to move in' appears when you select the other Sim.
To move a Sim in a marriage out you will need to divorce the Sims by performing negative interactions until the 'Divorce' option appears. The Sims will remain living together and keep the other's last name until you tap on an empty house and select 'Relocate Existing Sim'.