Follow this article by selecting "Follow" in the top right hand corner of the screen to be notified of changes made relating to this issue.
The game team is aware of a Known Issue you may sometimes be unable to age your Sims. There is a workaround for this problem - please see "Troubleshooting Steps" below.
- January 2017:
- A workaround exists to help you resolve this issue. See "Troubleshooting Steps" below.
- October 2016:
- The issue is being investigated. This issue has been identified as a problem. Please follow the troubleshooting steps below.
Although you may not be able to age your Sim to have them pass on, you can delete (Abandon) them and keep their life Orb in order to continue the use of the Orbs.
To do this:
- Have your affected Sim drop the Life Orb which is assigned to them, if they have any.
- If your Sim has fulfilled their Life Dreams (and your cannot access the Personality window), skip to Technical Support section
- To do this, open the personality tab, and set their personality to no personality.
- Exit the Sim creator and save these changes
- The Sim will have dropped the Orb. You can leave the Orb there, or tap it and put it in your Inventory to be safe
If you are still having trouble (and the troubleshooting steps above did not help):
- Please delete or abandon the Sim you cannot pass on
- Contact Support for assistance
- Upload your game to the Cloud, and
- Let us know once you have uploaded, and also the type of Orb that the Sim had (e.g. Animal Lover)
- An Expert will assist you, and will replace the previous Life Orb you had for that Sim into your game